Mt. K2 with the height 8,616 meters/28,267 is the 2nd highest mountain after Mt. Everest-8848m. It lies on the borderline of Pakistan and China. K2 is counted as the most difficult mountain to climb. Local meaning of K2 is “Chogori”, “THE KING OF MOUNTAINS”
The first successful 8000er, Reinhold Messner’s said “K2 is the mountain of mountains. It is the most impressive but the most difficult peak in the world. K2 has variously been described as the “awesome”, “killer”, “savage” and “the mountain of mountains”.
Altitude: 8611 m, 28,251 feet
Location: Xiangjing,China / Karakoram,Pakistan First ascent: July 31, 1954 by Achille Compagnoni and Lino Lacedelli
Expedition: ItalianSummits/Deaths: 354/82
Death Rate after summit: 23.16%
Facts : It’s high, steep, with a high risk for avalanches and rock fall. The weather is often bad and technical. Reinhold Messner said, “Mountain of Mountains”.
K2 is regarded as unlucky mountain for women. The first woman to reach K2 summit was the legendary Polish climber Wanda Rutkiewicz in 1986-june. Over the next 18 years, five female climbers made K2 successful but all 5 were killed. Three died during the descent down on K2 after summit, two others died nearby mountains. The first female K2 climber, Rutkiewicz also died on Mount Kangchenjunga in 1992. The curse was finally broken in 2004 by Edurne Pasaban. She was 31 years old Spanish mountaineer, who remains alive till these day. Ms Edurne Pasaban is the first female climbers to climb all 14*8000m. In 2014, 5 women made successful ascent leaving most historic year of women K2 summit.
Name: DD Trek International K2 expedition 2018
Arrival in Islamabad, Pakistan: 15th June 2018
Departure from Islamabad, Pakistan: 10th August 2018
Route: Abruzzi Spur
capacity: Maximum 10 Foreign climbers only
Booking: Till 5th April 2018 (6-7 weeks required for getting Permit)
Price: 39,500/- $ USD
Deposit required: 15,000/- $ USD
Leader: Phurba Tenzing Sherpa
Photo of Previous K2 Expedition
Day 01: Arrival in Islamabad Meet Everyone (Both foreigners and Nepali sherpa)
Day 02: Briefing at Ministry of Tourism
Day 03: Flight Islamabad to Skardu (In case of flight cancellation due to bad weather then we need to drive to Chilas on same day)
Day 04: Drive chilas to Skardu
Day 05: Drive Skardu-Askoli by jeep around (6hrs)
Day 06: Trek Askoli-Jula (6-7hrs)
Day 07: Trek Jula-Paiju (6-7hrs)
Day 08: Rest day in Paiju
Day 09: Trek Paiju-Urdukus (7hrs)
Day 10: Trek Urdukus-Goro-II (5hrs)
Day 11: Trek Goro-II to Concordia (4-5hrs)
Day 12 : Trek Goro-II- K2 Base Camp
Day 13-44: Climbing Period
Day 45: Trek K2 B.C-Goro-II(7-8hrs)
Day 46: Trek Goro-II-Khuburche (7-8hrs)
Day 47: Trek Khuburche to Jhula (7hrs)
Day 48: Trek to Askoli (6-7hrs)
Day 49: Drive Askoli-Skardu
Day 50: Flight to Islamabad
(In case of flight cancellation due to bad weather then we need to drive to Chilas)
Day 51: Drive Chilas-Islamabad
Day 52: Free day and dinner party together
Day 53: Departure to respected countries
Cost Included :-
1. K2 Climbing Permit and other required permit of both member and Personnel Sherpa
2. Liaison Officer fee
3. 1member: 1climbing Sherpa from Nepal
4. Oxygen (4-5 cylinders to climbing member and 2 for climbing Sherpa)
5. Latest Mask Regulator Set (TopOut mask)
6. Staff insurance (climbing Sherpa, Kitchen staff and porters)
7. Allowance for Sherpa & other staffs
8. Lodging & Food during trekking and Expedition
9. 2ways Flight Ticket : Islamabadh – Skardu- Islamabadh
10. Transfer in Pakistan
11. Hotel in Pakistan on BB plan (Bed and Breakfast)
12. Group Climbing gear ( rope, ice crew, snow bar, Epi gas, cooking pots and others)
13. Cook from Nepal for delicious food at base camp.
14. Tents and food in Base camp and High camps.
15. Kitchen Staffs at Base camp
16. Porter to BC & back
17. Solar set at Base camp
18. Generator (for charging high voltage electronic devices)
19. Communication (walkieTalkie)
20. Weather Report based from Swiss Forecast
21. Satellite phone service with fixed calling charge
Cost Excluded :-
1. International Airfare
2. Summit Bonus to personnel climbing Sherpa of 1000/-USD
3. Member’s Personal climbing equipment.
4. Personal climbing Insurance
5. Lunch, Dinner & Drink in Islamabadh.
6. Personal equipment cargo to and from Islamabad
7. Pakistan Visa fee
8. Helicopter Rescue if needed
9. Alcoholic drinks
10. Tips to Staffs if you like.
K2 Final route from Camp-IV
2016 K2 Expedition
The 2016's K2 team ended expedition from camp-3 after huge avalanche washed away whole camp-3 where the team deposited all the climbing gears, food, oxygen, tents, masks and regulator. K2 remained unclimbed in 2016's main season. The team members wished to return back in 2017 again.
2014: on 27th July, our team made successful ascent on Mt K2.
1. Mr Mingma Gyalje Sherpa - Nepal
2. Mr Reza Shahlei - Iran
3. Mr Zdravko Dejanovic - Macedonia
4. Mr Jamling Bhote - Nepal
5. Mr Lien Choong Luen - Singapore
6. Mr Densa Bhote - Nepal
7. Mr Muhharem Aydine Irmak (Reached 8450m)
K2 summit in 2014
Note: 1. The flight between Islamabad and Skardu depends on weather condition. In case of bad cancellation due to bad weather can affect the confirmed reservation son need to drive to Chilas on same day.
2. Itinerary can be changed as per clients wishes and weather condition.